The next DANCESCAPE is Wednesday, May 8, 2013, Los Angeles, CA.
It will be hosted by Chehon Wespi-Tschopp,
winner of Season 9 of “So You Think You Can Dance.”
Our NEW LOCATION is Club Nokia, downtown at LA Live.
Now in its fifteenth production, DANCESCAPE is a benefit event featuring live performances choreographed and performed by seasoned professionals
and the dance world’s fastest rising stars.
Proceeds from each Dancescape production are donated back to the community in the form of proposal funding and program grants to support
arts and music education initiatives in local schools.
Since the first show in 2004, DANCESCAPE has raised thousands of dollars for:
- Sarvodaya USA for the Tsunami Relief Effort
- Los Angeles Unified School District Art & Music Programs
- The Passion For Dance Project
- STAR Education
- Inside-Out Community Arts
- PS Arts
- LA’s Best
- Everybody Dance
- No LimitsDANCESCAPE features original works by more than 25 different choreographers specializing in ballet, hip-hop,modern, lyrical, bellydance, jazz, burlesque, salsa, traditional Indian, breakdancing, and martial arts (to name a few). The stage alternately features soloists, small groups, and large ensembles ranging in age from high school students to seasoned professionals. Thanks to the support of both DDO and the Bloc Dance agencies, past productions have included dancers and choreographers from SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE and AMERICA’s GOT TALENT, as well as dancers who have toured and performed with Madonna, Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson. Special guests have included Hysterica Dance Company, Sideswipe, The Beat Freaks, Adrenaline, Tracy Philips, The Amount Boyz, Denise Leitner, Ryan Heffington, Tessandra Chavez, The Madonna Grimes Dance Team and Mandy Moore among many, many others.
DANCESCAPE strives to be both representative and inclusive of the dance world, and to bring this talent together as a force for positive change by creating opportunity not only for the artists involved, but for the recipients of the numerous programs funded by each show. We are grateful for the incredible support this show has received over the past nine years, and look forward to many more!
PAST DANCESCAPE EVENTS
- October 6, 2004
- February 20, 2005
- September 18, 2005
- May 19, 2006
- November 12, 2006
- May 20, 2007
- November 10, 2007
- November 8, 2008
- May 16, 2009
- November 14, 2009
- November 13, 2010
- May 21, 2011
- November 5, 2011
- May 19, 2012
Dancescape is now on Facebook! Become a fan to stay updated on the latest show information